Puddleglum

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Last night I wrote a post about the Intelligent Design v. Evolution court trial, but decided that I had a whole lot to say about it and it was a real ramble. Normally I try to avoid thinking about that trial, because it's hard to interpret what is really going on in the trial: the media has made it into a controversy hot-house. But one of the things I read was a quote from a professor, sitting on the stand, testifying that:
"Evolution does not deny the existence of God," he said. "It's not about God. You can play the game of science and still have your religious beliefs."
And that testimony showed me something about myself. "Evolution does not deny the existence of God," really means, "Evolution only ignores the existence of God." A lot of times I do choose to ignore things that I don't think will work well for me. Such as giving my opinion on this court trial. Or researching the facts behind Evolution. In reality, God works for the good of those who come to Him, and He will never leave them without living food and living water. However inadequate I feel about understanding that court trial, I shouldn't hold an attitude that I'm "above" looking into Evolution or this trial, simply because I don't feel that it would benefit me.

Anyhow, it's a great morning. Picked up a CD a couple days ago called "In the Name of Love," and I was totally blown away! Hearing Chris Tomlin sing "Where the Streets Have No Name" got me all jazzed.

I gotta go so I'm not late to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Something interesting:
http://prayingmantis.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_prayingmantis_archive.html#112854996966439991

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home